I just like this picture of all of us in bed with Vivian. We tried to make it happy and meet her where she was-- in bed! I love how little Aidan is and how Sam is playing with that Bee...
So much fun was had on that bed with Mommy her last month of life. She was so entertaining, making people laugh even in the depths of human suffering that she was experiencing. She was a wonderful woman.
Vivian said while in that bed that it was not fair that she could not get up and go in and entertain the friends that were there helping her. It was the only complaint I every heard her say from the very first day she learned she had cancer.
Words shared with me by a good friend...author unknown...
"She knew the Lord intimately. She knows Him even more intimately now. It is the beginning of an eternity of incredible eyewitness experiences of our Lord and His Father through Their Spirit. She is free. She is alive. She is at home. The ones she left behind are the ones who mourn. You mourn about her but not for her. We know that whoever lives and believes in Jesus will never die. Yet Paul, who said that death has been swallowed up in victory and has lost its sting, still said that death is the last enemy. In your grieving over the emptiness of where your wife has been part of your lives know that that place is light and not dark. We leave you in our Shepherd’s tender care."
4 comments:
Oh...I love this picture. I can remember that moment so clearly. It seems like just yesterday.
-Shannon
So much fun was had on that bed with Mommy her last month of life. She was so entertaining, making people laugh even in the depths of human suffering that she was experiencing. She was a wonderful woman.
Vivian said while in that bed that it was not fair that she could not get up and go in and entertain the friends that were there helping her. It was the only complaint I every heard her say from the very first day she learned she had cancer.
Wayne
Vivian was bigger than life those days....
Post a Comment