The girls (Sarah and Aaralyn) happened to be very uphappy at the moment this picture was taken. Maybe they can post and remember what this was all about
From what i can recall, it was your relatives with their strange accents, smells and foods, all wanting us to "hug their neck" and "give them some sugar." Freaky to a child wholly unfamiliar with the Deep South.
Well, it was a cold day. Lots and lots of new face. We were tired and a bit hyperglycemic from all the "sugar" (AKA: Hugs and kisses), that was being passed around. We got over it, though. I remember I got my earring caught in one of the bridesmaid's dresses during the service, as I stood up front. For a fleeting moment, I was very scared, then I was very embarrassed. I thought I might NEVER get my earring unhooked from that woman's dress!
Words shared with me by a good friend...author unknown...
"She knew the Lord intimately. She knows Him even more intimately now. It is the beginning of an eternity of incredible eyewitness experiences of our Lord and His Father through Their Spirit. She is free. She is alive. She is at home. The ones she left behind are the ones who mourn. You mourn about her but not for her. We know that whoever lives and believes in Jesus will never die. Yet Paul, who said that death has been swallowed up in victory and has lost its sting, still said that death is the last enemy. In your grieving over the emptiness of where your wife has been part of your lives know that that place is light and not dark. We leave you in our Shepherd’s tender care."
2 comments:
From what i can recall, it was your relatives with their strange accents, smells and foods, all wanting us to "hug their neck" and "give them some sugar." Freaky to a child wholly unfamiliar with the Deep South.
Well, it was a cold day. Lots and lots of new face. We were tired and a bit hyperglycemic from all the "sugar" (AKA: Hugs and kisses), that was being passed around. We got over it, though. I remember I got my earring caught in one of the bridesmaid's dresses during the service, as I stood up front. For a fleeting moment, I was very scared, then I was very embarrassed. I thought I might NEVER get my earring unhooked from that woman's dress!
Post a Comment