Vivian and I were painting and decorating at home and I captured her on top of a scaffold in the foyer. I really love her expression and smile here, and the memories of working with her on this project are so fresh.
Wayne
4 comments:
Anonymous
said...
This picture definately depicits Vivian in one of her elements. She had an eye for interior decorating. She had a flair for turning a house into a HOME. If it could be done, Vivian did it...upholstering, painting, sewing....remember the "tin punch" cabinet inserts that she did in Ohio? She was an amazing woman..an inspiration to us all. I loved her like a sister and miss her every day. She was my confidant.
Oh my goodness - I had totally forgotten about the tin punch cabinent inserts. Those were a totally insane project to take on, but she did it and they looked great.
Words shared with me by a good friend...author unknown...
"She knew the Lord intimately. She knows Him even more intimately now. It is the beginning of an eternity of incredible eyewitness experiences of our Lord and His Father through Their Spirit. She is free. She is alive. She is at home. The ones she left behind are the ones who mourn. You mourn about her but not for her. We know that whoever lives and believes in Jesus will never die. Yet Paul, who said that death has been swallowed up in victory and has lost its sting, still said that death is the last enemy. In your grieving over the emptiness of where your wife has been part of your lives know that that place is light and not dark. We leave you in our Shepherd’s tender care."
4 comments:
This picture definately depicits Vivian in one of her elements. She had an eye for interior decorating. She had a flair for turning a house into a HOME. If it could be done, Vivian did it...upholstering, painting, sewing....remember the "tin punch" cabinet inserts that she did in Ohio? She was an amazing woman..an inspiration to us all. I loved her like a sister and miss her every day. She was my confidant.
Jean, it is so good to see your comments here. Thank you.
Oh my goodness - I had totally forgotten about the tin punch cabinent inserts. Those were a totally insane project to take on, but she did it and they looked great.
How precious are the memories of loved ones!
Post a Comment