This picture sent tears flowing from my eyes the moment I saw it (especially enlarged). It feels like Sam and Vivian are having a moment where their hearts are speaking to each other. Sam looks concerned... like he can tell his grandma is not feeling well, and Vivian looks like she is telling him, "Yes, you are right, but I love you, and it will be okay."
Vivian was such a wonderful grandma. She had a way with her grandchildren that was magical. I am deeply grieved at the fact that Sam will not have his Grandma Georgia. I am just thankful for the few years I had with her and that Sam had with her, and I am thankful that we live in a day and age where we have photographs, so we can re-live some of those moments together.
I just wanted to add this picture because it is one of my very favorite pictures of Josh, Vivian, & Sam. I have been waiting for the oportunity to share it with family.
-Shannon
3 comments:
Those are two very nice pictures.
The whole time Mommy was sick, if she knew I was worried about her, she would say, "Sarah, it's going to be okay, it's going to be just fine." Strangely, I believe I interpreted that to mean she was not going to die.......because right after her death I found myself thinking, "but you said it was going to be okay, Mommy! How can it be okay if you are not here anymore?"
It takes great strength in character for someone to comfort and encourage others, when they, themselves, are suffering so badly. I miss her so much.
The last truly lucid words mom said to me were basically "I love you," and "It's going to be okay."
I can see those moments as clearly in my memory as photographs set before my eyes. It was the last time I saw her alive.
Dear God, I know all is well with Vivian but it is not well by my yardstick that she is gone....help me rejoice in her gain instead of feeling my sorrow.....
Post a Comment