Monday, October 29, 2007

Emails from Wayne

I loved this email that Wayne sent out the morning after Vivian passed away. It was so beautiful and I love to reread it! '
-- Colleen

Good morning.  I hope everyone is doing well this rainy morning.
 
Vivian went to be with Jesus last night around 9:45pm.  It was a peaceful moment; Aaralyn made a joke about Vivian and I; we were all laughing, and a little expression went across Vivian's face like she was poking fun at me too.
 
At that very next instant I sensed she was gone.
 
Vivian finished well, something that was important to her.  I do not know how she managed to do so well so long.  The cancer experience only drove us closer together and closer to Christ.  These things were a blessing.
 
The burden of cancer was lifted from both of our backs exactly at the same moment.
 
I feel much joy and thankfulness that it is over for Vivian; I know a taste of what she now is living.  Only our Savior brings that kind of joy and gratefulness.
 
I will pass along arrangement information when I have it later today.
 
I will never be able to say thank you enough for the love and support that Vivian and I received from our brothers and sisters at Christ Church.
 
Love,
 
Wayne, and for Vivian

1 comment:

Joshua D. White said...

Thank you for posting this. It has such a bitter-sweet air - mom's liberation on one hand, and the start of life without her on the other... but it captures the spirit of those days, terrible, yet almost magical. I am so proud of mom. The cancer only served to prove her golden character... she was an incredible woman. Imperfect as we all know, yet thoroughly amazing, and undoubtedly a child of God.