Vivian was a firm believer in her family eating well and healthy, although those are crackers in her hands. The girls are happily enjoying their breakfast and Vivian is preparing something for she and I to eat together in a few minutes.
If I may, I would like to clarify that it is sweet'n'sour chili we are eating in those bowls, with crackers and ice tea. She would NEVER have allowed us to drink ice tea at breakfast........
Words shared with me by a good friend...author unknown...
"She knew the Lord intimately. She knows Him even more intimately now. It is the beginning of an eternity of incredible eyewitness experiences of our Lord and His Father through Their Spirit. She is free. She is alive. She is at home. The ones she left behind are the ones who mourn. You mourn about her but not for her. We know that whoever lives and believes in Jesus will never die. Yet Paul, who said that death has been swallowed up in victory and has lost its sting, still said that death is the last enemy. In your grieving over the emptiness of where your wife has been part of your lives know that that place is light and not dark. We leave you in our Shepherd’s tender care."
4 comments:
All these old pictures are so fantastic. They really add a lot to this page... I hope we can get many more posted from the 'old days'.
And she sure gave birth to some adorable little girls!
If I may, I would like to clarify that it is sweet'n'sour chili we are eating in those bowls, with crackers and ice tea. She would NEVER have allowed us to drink ice tea at breakfast........
Those early days in Decatur....Wow!
Post a Comment